Development of a new process solution in mixing facility for ice cream at Hennig-Olsen Is
Hennig-Olsen Is is a leading manufacturer and marketer of ice cream and frozen desserts and has market share of over 50% in Norway. The company is known for innovative product development – “the cream of ice cream” – and is ranked as one of the strongest in Norway.
Hennig-Olsen Is is in the process of extensive expansion of their production facility to prepare the company for continued growth. They also have the ambition of becoming a world leader in ice cream production.
Process Engineering Norge AS has been appointed as consultant on the process plant during the expansion and helps Hennig-Olsen Is by means of technical competencies in hygienic process plants, review of solution proposals, choice of contractors and follow-up on deliveries regarding economics, time schedule and chosen contractors.
We have helped the customer with the project since the beginning in which our team at Hennig-Olsen Is has assisted in preparing Conceptual Design, budgets, tender material and contracting of deliveries. Since, we have been appointed to be responsible for the project management in the realization phase of the project.
Process Engineering Norge AS was appointed as a consultant to be responsible for the following:
- Project management of the project
- Participation in the project’s steering group
- Determination of technological solution of the process solution for replacement/upgrade of mixing facility for ice cream
- Development of the process and definition of need for equipment
- Budget of capital need in the project
- Determination of time schedule for the project
- Development of tender material and identify potential suppliers with the customer
- Definition of delivery terms
- Review of incoming tenders and review with selected suppliers
- Choice of suppliers
- Design review with selected suppliers during the Detailed design phase
- Follow-up on the suppliers
- Follow-up on budget and change order processing
The project started in 2019 and is expected to be completed in early 2022.
In collaboration with the customer, we have weekly coordination meetings to follow-up on the project status and further developments. Any changes in the capital need are submitted to the project’s steering group for decision.
Service and scope of the project
Our service and the scope of the project include:
- Project management
- Supplier follow-up
- Time schedule